Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce
P.O Box 81
Franklin Lakes, NJ 07417
Making our Community Better One Day at a Time™
Whether you are an individual, small business owner or part of a large corporation; The Franklin Lakes Chamber is the organization to be a part of if you want to improve our community and foster many great relationships with like-minded people.
In our world it seems that we gravitate toward people we know like and trust for friendship, business and advice and the Franklin Chamber is a perfect conduit for that.
Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce Mission and Bylaws
· Our Mission is to give back to our community, cultivate and foster relationships to aid in that purpose and give members a chance first when needing a product or service he/she provides.
· Our Chamber will provide a platform to allow members to connect with each other for purposes of community help and to foster business growth within the community.
· The Chamber will educate members on how to network professionally; including but not limited to how and when to exchange business cards.
· Any member of The Franklin Lakes Chamber of commerce is expected to conduct himself/herself in a respectful, professional, courteous manner.
· Our Chamber will charge an annual due of $165.00 per sole individual or company entity applicably. The Chamber will carry on activities to help promote members’ businesses through our own website and through mailings to new property owners or renters.
Grand Openings: Any chamber member from a new business is welcome to ask us to schedule a ribbon cutting ceremony with the Chamber President and Mayor. The chamber will also use this as an opportunity to tell others in the community about the business and their new place in the community.
· The chamber will also offer optional marketing opportunities through print, mailings, deliveries, etc. for and additional charge; however, these options will only be available to members in good standing.
· All Members joining in 2018 will be included in every basked that gets personally delivered to new residents and business owners in Franklin Lakes for the first year when they provide us a small item.
· This chamber will not discriminate against anyone for any of the normal reasons as set forth by the National Code of Discrimination.
· Our Primary service area will be Franklin Lakes; thus, other members are welcome to join however the efforts of this chamber will be in cultivating opportunities for people who do business with those in Franklin Lakes.
· The Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce may award an Honorary membership for one year in reward for a public service act performed for the community or other notable accomplishment. The executive board must vote on all requests either given by other board members or made my chamber members.
· You hereby give the Franklin Lakes Chamber authorization to email you any said invoice for membership and notices about future events the chamber is running.
· Should any complaint arise from a member; the offending member is expected to resolve the complaint amicably within 30 days; failure to do so may result in the board terminating their membership with no refund of paid dues.
· Guests are welcome to attend two meetings after which expect the member to make a decision to join and pay the annual dues before attending the next meeting.
· Membership dues will be invoiced annually depending on time of signup and will renew automatically 365 days from that date; dues must be paid within 30 days; failure to do so will cause a letter to be sent indicating the amount due within 90 Days or the member ship will be terminated for non-payment.
· The Franklin Lakes Chamber will have one President, Treasurer, Secretary and up to (5) Vice Presidents: VP of Membership, VP of Education, VP of Events, VP of Fundraising, VP of Public Relations and additional positions may be added as needed.
· The Board of Directors may create such divisions, bureaus, councils, or subsidiary corporations, as it deems advisable to handle the work of the Chamber. The Board shall authorize and define the powers and duties of all division, bureaus, departments, councils, committees, and subsidiary corporations. The Board shall annually review and approve all activities and proposed programs of such divisions, bureaus, departments, councils, committees and subsidiary corporations having bearing upon or expressive of the Chamber unless approved by the Board of Directors.
· By using our Website you hereby agree that slander and inappropriate conduct toward other members, officers and or vendors will not be tolerated, monitored and cause posts containing such matter to be put into a review queue for moderation which will be deleted and cause a strike against you; Three strikes and you are our of chamber.
· Communication: You hereby agree that you will respond to all Chamber Members and non-member inquires through our site Member referral system within 72 business hours or a strike will be added to your profile; since we are all about reliable, effective, positive communication to potentially generate mutually long-term business relationships.
Thanks for passing the word along about us and our mission
We still have a few board positions open and ask about serving on a committee.
Making our Community Better One Day at a Time™
Media Release Policy
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY,
ASSUMPTIO OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
IN CONSIDERATION of being permitted to participate in Community Networking Functions/Activities undertaken by Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce, its media affiliates and/or charity partners (The “RELEASE”), EACH OF THE UNDERSIGNED, for himself/herself his/her personal representatives, heirs and next of kin.
1) Hereby permits The Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce., its media affiliates and/or charity partners to photograph, videotape or otherwise reproduce my likeness and herby releases, waives, discharges and covenants not to sue The Franklin Lakes Chamber of Commerce, its media affiliates and/or charity partners and their employees, directors, officers and agents for the use or dissemination of such photographs, videotapes or likeness, FROM ALL LIABILITY TO THE UNDERSIGNED, HIS/HER PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, ASSIGNS, HEIRS, AND NEXT OF KIN FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS, OF SUCH PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOTAPES OR LIKENESSES, and permits the use of such photographs, videotapes or likeness.
2) HEREBY AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS The Releases FROM ANY LOSS, LIABILITY, DAMAGE OR COST they may incur arising out of the use or dissemination of such photographs, videotapes or likenesses.
3) Hereby agrees that this Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement extends to all acts by the Releasees and is intended to be as broad and inclusive as it permitted by the laws of the state in which the events are conducted and that if any person thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
4) I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP THE SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND HAVE SIGNED IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT, ASSRANCE OR GUARANTEE BEING MADE FOR ME AND INTEND MY SIGNATURE TO BE COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOW BY LAW.
5) I Further agree that by entering by initials below and clicking register and pay button it constitutes a valid execution of this agreement as a legally binding signature.